Friday, June 25, 2010

Men's Month Spotlight Numero 3!



Spotlight Name: Lenny Vigil
Occupation: DJ & Graphic Designer
Age: 29
Links: MyspaceFacebook


Why did you choose to join this industry?
Why wouldn't I? I love music and designing on computers. I've been DJ'ing since I was 14 and have always loved being creative with graphic design.

What is your favorite part of your job?
As a DJ I love rockin the crowd, seeing people dance like crazy to what you decide and what you are playing.

What do you like to do for fun outside of work?
I love sports, going to baseball games, watching TV sports is a big hobbie of mine.

What motivates you?
Money, like everyone else, it's what gives you power and respect.

Who is your favorite celebrity and why?
Johnny Depp, because he's so versatile he can play crazy, serious, funny - he's a great actor.

What attracted you to Lavish?
I met Samantha and she is so passionate about what she does I had to try it out.

What advice would you give someone who's thinking about making a career in the DJ industry?
You better like what you do. It's late nights and long days, people don't realize the work that goes into it, putting the music together, always finding new music. It's a lot of work.

What is your favorite product at Lavish?
Bumble and Bumble Sumotech, and KMS Dry Wax

Who has had the greatest influence on your career and why?
DJ AM and those early DJ's who really pushed DJ'ing

Share one thing interesting about yourself that people typically don't know...
I come off a little intimidating, but I'm super nice and will talk to anyone.

What is your favorite thing about Lavish as a whole?
That it is a laid-back, fun atmosphere, yet still very professional.

Lenny and the wonderful Samantha =)

No comments:

Post a Comment