Friday, July 30, 2010

Brandy's Hair Hero

When I think of My Hair Hero, the first person that comes to my mind is my grandma. I would say somehow she is the “beginning” of the reason for me becoming a hairstylist. I remember when I was a little girl, Id go with her to the salon to get her hair done. She would go once a week to get her “roller set”, which I might add she still loves to get those dang things!! I’m slowly but surly going to phase her out of that look. :) I remember sitting in the salon watching all the women getting their hair done. My grandma from what I remember would color her hair black or almost black and always have her big bouffant. Every time I would go into a salon, I remember thinking to myself how much I liked the environment. I liked the smell, the music, all the girls. It seemed to always be a fun place to work. I was right! Now nine years after being a licensed cosmetologist I absolutely love it. I have never been regretful of the career choice I have made for myself. Now as time has gone by I would say “I” am my own “Hair Hero”. I love to color hair, cut hair, do formal styles. I like the relationships you get to build with your clients. I enjoy traveling all over when I can for education. I always come back very inspired, plus seeing different places of the world is so exciting. Meeting new people and other hairstylists are just another plus. I don’t think there is anything Id rather do. After I was settled into my career and working in a salon I had set goals for myself. Back then my ultimate goal was to be able to go to New York City and take a class at an academy. I thought that would be so awesome. And yes… I did it! I went about 5 years ago. I went to the Matrix Academy. I won a scholarship, based on color sales. The experience was amazing, and everything I had imagined. Now my future goal is to be able to work on photo shoots, behind the scenes, and most of all to be able to work backstage at a fashion show/ Fashion Week. The chaos, the adrenaline, all the excitement of getting ready for the biggest fashion in the world, would just be….

….. beyond amazing. I don’t think words can describe what I would feel at that moment. There are many celebrity hairstylist that I like, and I definitely get inspired by. And of course who wouldn’t love to travel almost anywhere, and be on location for different events. Besides all that, to be known as a celebrity hairstylist.

(WOW!) In the end this is why I consider myself to be my own “Hero”. They have all accomplished their own goals, just like my self. If I love what I do, and achieve all that I can, then who else would be my Hero? Everyone else and every other celebrity stylist are all parts of my inspirations leading up to Me… “My Hair Hero”. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment