Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Salina's Hair Hero

“Who’s your Hair Hero?” I was asked that question and I really didn’t know the answer. I sat and thought about it and the answer was very clear. When I think of the most influential person in my life that has lead me in my career path I always think of God. He has given me the motivation and drive to follow this path by simply praying and asking to be guided in the right direction. There are a few people that I can think of and thank for helping in my path in becoming a hairstylist but there is one person that I believe brought me to where I am today and I can say that he is truly my Hair Hero.


After high school I was accepted to California State University of San Bernardino. After a few years there and with much needed prayer I decide that wasn’t for me. I asked God to guide me into the right direction and to find a career that best suited me. I had considered trying to get into the Cosmetology program at Riverside Community College but it was very difficult to get into at the time. I found out from a friend that the cosmetology program was accepting applications online on the following Monday but there was a catch; In order to get in you had to be one of the first 50 to apply. So that Monday at 8:00 am sharp I applied and a few weeks later I received a letter that I got in. It was then that I realized that that was the path that God had intended for me to follow.

I was working full time and attending the night program which was very difficult. With the help of prayer I got through two years of school and still managed to be working full time. I enjoyed going to school this was actually something that I had fun learning. There were times when I wanted to give up because I was just so overly stressed and it was taking a toll on my body. I asked God to help me through if this was the career path that I was meant to follow. Again I made it through the program with good grades and passed my State Board exam. At last I was a licensed Cosmetologist.

Over all I think that the Lord has blessed me in finding a career that I enjoy and love and without knowing and having him in my life I may have been lost in finding myself. Not only has he helped me find a great career he has also help me over come the obstacles I was faced with on my path to becoming a hairstylist. He continues to help and push me towards greatness with the help of those around me. He is who I have to thank and for this reason he is my Hair Hero.

~Salina

No comments:

Post a Comment